At 11:45 a.m. Knoxville Fire Department was dispatched to the 3800 block of Western Ave. for report of a car burning inside the Might Muffler business. While dispatchers were talking to the person who called to report the fire, the status changed to now include the building. A worker reported to fire officials before being sent to U.T. Hospital for smoke inhalation, that he had been using a torch to cut on a vehicle and thinks he may have come in contact with a fuel line.
Western Ave is blocked between Sanderson Rd and Clifton Rd. No other injuries were reported according to Captain D.J. Corcoran of Knoxville Fire Department.