There are several coaches, both college and NFL, who are on the hot seat, with their jobs on the line.
In the college ranks the top five could arguably be:
1) Frank Spaziani-Boston College
2) Gene Chizik – Auburn
3) Randy Edsall – Maryland
4) Derek Dooley – Tennessee
5) Charlie Weis – Kansas
1) The Boston College Eagles have hit rock bottom. They are 2-7 and look to play #4 Notre Dame on November 10. Spaziani may have the hottest seat of all.
2) Gene Chizik at Auburn is on the hot seat, because his Tigers also are showing a record of 2-7 on the year. They face #5 Georgia on November 10.
3) Randy Edsall’s Maryland Terrapins have a record of 4-5 for the season. They face #13 on November 10.
4) The Tennessee Vols face Missouri on November 10 and Derek Dooley desperately need the win. The Vols are 4-5 so far this season, not what the Tennessee fans want to see.
5) Charlie Weis may have the hottest seat of all. His Kansas Jayhawks have only one win under their belt for the season. They face #22 Texas Tech on November 10.
Joker Phillips from Kentucky will not be back and also fearing for their jobs are: Kirk Ferentz of Iowa, Dan Enos of Central Michigan, Danny Hope of Purdue, Ellis Johnson of Southern Miss., Bobby Hauck of UNLV, Robb Akey of Idaho, Jeff Tedford of California, and John L. Smith of Arkansas.
By Nancy Morris